60ml Skin Food, a rich moisturizing cream with Buchu, Propolis, Beeswax and Shea Butter
The concentration of natural vitamins and fatty acids in Shea butter makes it incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for skin. It is often used to remedy dry skin and to help protect the skin’s natural oils. A 2010 study found that due to its cinnamic acid and other natural properties, shea butter was anti-inflammatory. One compound in particular, lupeol cinnamate, was found to reduce skin inflammation and even potentially help avoid skin mutations. This also makes it beneficial for some people with acne. Shea butter aids in the skin’s natural collagen production and contains oleic, stearic, palmitic and linolenic acids that protect and nourish the skin to prevent drying. With long term use, many people report skin softening and strengthening as well as wrinkle reduction.
Buchu is herb with exceptional antiseptic and antimicrobial qualities to help heal minor skin ailments. It also soothes irritated and inflamed skin.
The benefits of propolis for the skin have been harnessed since ancient times.
- Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, Propolis is said to speed up the wound-healing process.
- Propolis is also said to be effective in reducing signs of cold sores.
- Propolis is said to quell minor burns.
- Propolis can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and smooth out skin.
- The site also says the combined properties of Propolis may help keep you blemish free.
- As a natural sealant, Propolis can also help skin retain more moisture to maintain a healthier, more vibrant complexion.
- Propolis is gentle on sensitive skin, and can even help reduce redness.
Beeswax is a superfood for the skin.
- Protective: When applied to the skin, beeswax forms a protective barrier that helps protect it from environmental assaults, while also holding in moisture and reducing dryness. This is one of the reasons beeswax is often used in lip balms. Unlike ingredients made from petroleum, however, beeswax doesn’t “suffocate” the skin, and won’t clog pores.
- Humectant: Some ingredients “attract” water, and beeswax is one of them. When you put it on, you attract water molecules, helping to keep skin hydrated over time.
- Vitamin A: A good source of this vitamin, beeswax helps exfoliation and can rejuvenate your look.
- Soothes temporary itching: If you suffer from dry skin itching or sensitive skin, beeswax is for you. Because beeswax is anti-allergenic, it is also easily tolerated by even those with reactive skin.