Known scientifically as hydrated magnesium sulfate, Epsom salt is rich in both magnesium and sulfate.
While both magnesium and sulfate can be poorly absorbed through the stomach, studies show increased magnesium levels from soaking in a bath enriched with Epsom salt! Magnesium and sulfate are both easily absorbed through the skin. Sulfates play an important role in the formation of brain tissue, joint proteins and the proteins that line the walls of the digestive tract. They stimulate the pancreas to generate digestive enzymes and are thought to help detoxify the body of medicines and environmental contaminants.
Lavender is know to:
- Reduce anxiety and emotional stress
- Protect against diabetes symptoms
- Improve brain function
- Help to heal burns and wounds
- Improve sleep
- Restore skin complexion and reduce acne
- Slow aging with powerful antioxidants
- Relieve pain
- Alleviate headaches